Certificate IV in Music Industry
National Course Code: CUA40915
The nationally accredited Certificate IV in Music Industry is designed for performers, composers and live sound technicians who have some experience and want to further their talent, technique and career in the billion dollar music industry. Take your craft to the next level and harness your performance and recording skills.
COMPOSE YOUR CAREER
The Certificate IV in Music Industry prepares you for a career in the industry by giving you a broad set of skills and knowledge. If you are keen to specialise, we offer Music Industry streams in Performance, Sound Production and Music Business.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, you will learn:
- Live performance and stagecraft
- Song writing and composition
- Small PA set up
- Music theory and musicianship
- Music technology
- Audio recording and editing
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Fine-tune the attributes you need to get ahead:
- Collaboration to work in groups, in rehearsals and in studio
- Patience and dedication to hone your craft
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate IV level
- Strong pathways to continued studies to enhance your career opportunities
Career outcomes and job roles:
- Live performer
- Music producer/composer
- Music tutor
- Live sound technician
GROW YOUR CAREER
Advance your music career with a TAFE NSW music study pathway:
- Diploma of Music Industry
- Advanced Diploma of Music Industry
Australia is the sixth largest music market in the world. According to PwC, by 2023 Australians will spend a total of 1.791 billion on music, with a staggering 763 million spent on digital distribution alone.
By enrolling in a music qualification at TAFE NSW you will keep music traditions alive and create new, fresh sound for generations to come.
Sorry, this course is not currently open for enrolments.
- Nationally Recognised Training