Diploma of Screen and Media
National Course Code: CUA51015
This course can lead to an exciting career in film, television, journalism, radio or the games industry.
The Diploma in Screen and Media is a nationally recognised course that offers a range of specialty units that can help you become a film and TV make-up and hair artist, or learn to become a master 3D animator. This digital-savvy diploma will give you specialist knowledge and hands-on experience.
You will learn a variety of skills across a range of screen and media technologies. And you will learn from industry experts which means the most up-to-date practices and policies are taught.
You will have a choice of study options that might include areas such as:
- Applying script language in authoring
- Carrying out television transmission operations
- Creating 3D digital animations
- Creating storyboards
- Editing dialogue and sound
- Preparing audio and video assets
- Writing content for a range of media
There are many versions of this Diploma of Screen and Media, most of which are specialised for the career you are passionate about, including:
- FILM AND TELEVISION for training on writing, directing, shooting and editing documentaries, short films, music videos, and/or feature length movies
- RADIO BROADCASTING will train you in a wide range of skills around presenting, interviewing running radio equipment, producing shows and more
- JOURNALISM will teach you to create text, video and audio, for modern journalism consumed online, on phones, on TV, on radio and in print
- ANIMATION may also include Interactive Media and can lead to study in the TAFE NSW professional, three-year Bachelor of 3D Art and Animation which prepares you for advanced roles in film, TV, games and more
- GAME DEVELOPMENT is the focus of one version of this course
Depending on which version of the course you study, you the Diploma of Screen and Media can qualify you for a range of roles including:
- Digital Media Artist
- 3D animator and rigger
- Game design
This course is currently available at 14 campus locations across NSW and online. Enquire now for other locations.