Advanced Diploma of Visual Arts
National Course Code: CUA60715
The nationally recognised Advanced Diploma of Visual Arts will develop your talent as a practicing artist. Refine your craft in an immersive environment and learn highly technical and conceptual skills, engage in critical discourse and explore the ways to practice as a professional visual artist.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Research and apply concepts and theories of creativity
- Draw and use visual representation tools
- Publicly present a body of your own creative work
- Extend cultural research expertise
- Establish and maintain safe creative practices
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Effective communication to present ideas and concepts clearly
- A critical eye, conceiving unique design ideas and big picture thinking
- The ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Adaptability to work on different projects and discover different opportunities
- A continuous improvement mindset
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A developed portfolio
- Skills and knowledge to become a freelance visual artist
- A clear pathway to further your study with TAFE NSW Degrees
- Gallery curator
- Visual arts and crafts professional
- Freelance artist
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Bachelor of Creative Practice with TAFE NSW Degrees
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
We could not find any courses for the filters you have applied, please , or click here and our friendly team will let you know about other options.
People who are successful in this industry have:
- Self-motivation and self-discipline
- Unique design ideas and design thinking
- A critical eye
- The ability to work independently
- The ability to accept and discuss feedback
- A different way of interpreting the world
Assessments give you the opportunity to demonstrate what you have learned and to identify the knowledge or skills that may need further development. In this course you will undertake:
- Written assessments such as research projects and essays
- Practical assessments such as skills assessments and visual portfolio development
The Diploma of Visual Arts is where you will expand your core capabilities and combine specialised technical, creative and conceptual skills. You will be able to critically analyse and synthesise information from a range of sources, and discussion around complex ideas is required.
This course, the Advanced Diploma of Visual Arts is where you will enhance your strongly developed technical and practical skills. It doesnt cover underpinning experience gained in the Certificate III, IV or Diploma. You will be able to specialise in your chosen area, while engaging in critical discourse to debate your own work, and the work of others.
The TAFE NSW Bachelor of Creative Practice is where you will master your studies with a university-level degree. It is a Bachelor degree created for specialist creative practitioners, to succeed in their area of expertise, and is one of the highest levels of formal education.
Depending on your campus location and local partnerships with TAFE NSW, you may have the opportunity to participate in excursions that take you behind the scenes in the visual arts industry.
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Using industry specific tools and materials
- Applying theory and history to further your art
- Engaging in critical discourse to debate art
- Publically displaying own work
-Extending professional expertise to others
TAFE NSW is known for delivering theory along with practical, hands-on learning. You will work on real world projects, such as:
- Creating a body of visual artworks for exhibiting
- Building out your professional portfolio
TAFE NSW offers you a range of study environments to enhance your learning and employability, such as:
- Fully equipped studio workshops
- Computer labs
- Exhibition spaces
- Open studios
- Art galleries
Student facilities, amenities and support services include:
- TAFE NSW Disability Support Service
- TAFE NSW Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) support
- TAFE NSW Aboriginal Support; Learner support (ABE)
- TAFE NSW Careers, Counselling and Pathways Service
- Studiosity - online access to a tutor
Advanced Diploma of Visual Arts graduates can be found working in their own studios, or in a wide range of contexts across the arts, including government or commercial organisations. Graduates offer their insightful services and bring visual arts to business, community services and science organisations.
The Advanced Diploma of Visual Arts allows students to explore new technology while working within a traditional framework of visual arts practice. This allows students to keep traditional artistic skills alive, while encompassing new ways of working. This ensures that students have the best of both modern and contemporary worlds.