Certificate III in Dental Assisting
National Course Code: HLT35015
Sink your teeth into a fulfilling career as a dental assistant with the nationally accredited Certificate III in Dental Assisting. Contribute to the success of every area of the dental practice from assisting during dental procedures to cleaning and sterilising equipment, to key administration skills.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and on the job experience, you will learn:
- How to maintain high standards in infection prevention and control
- How to processes reusable medical devices and equipment
- To prepare for and assist with oral healthcare procedures
- To assist with dental radiography
- Workplace health and safety
- First aid
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Become a multi-tasking guru and develop the qualities needed to get ahead:
- Collaborative team player
- Service oriented
- Great communicator
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Your success in this course will provide you with:
- A First Aid certificate
- A nationally recognised dental assisting qualification
Career opportunities include:
- Dental assistant
- Dental nurse
- Dental assistant and receptionist
GROW YOUR CAREER
Go on to specialist skills with the Certificate IV in Dental Assisting:
- Oral Health Promotion
- General Anaesthesia and Conscious Sedation
Or, choose a non-clinical path with the Diploma in Practice Management.
The Community Services and Health industry employs approximately 1.7 million workers across Australia, making it the largest employing industry in the country.
The Dental Assistant workforce is on the skills list expecting to experience moderate job growth of 6.6% and reach a total number of 28,400 by 2023.
The demand for dental services is expected to continue rising into the future with dental assistants playing a key role in keeping dental procedures safe and of high quality.
This course is currently available at 2 campus locations across NSW. Enquire now for other locations.
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- Blended, Full Time