Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance
National Course Code: HLT43015
The nationally recognised Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance prepares you to support health professionals working in community rehabilitation, speech pathology, podiatry, nutrition and dietetics, occupational therapy, and physiotherapy. Make a difference in the lives of your clients when you embark on a rewarding allied health career.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work learn to:
- Recognise healthy body systems
- Confirm physical health status
- Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- Communicate and work in health or community services
- Manage legal and ethical compliance
- Work with diverse people
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal attributes that help you get ahead:
- Patience and perseverance
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Collaboration and support skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally accredited qualification at Certificate IV level
- Allied health assistant
- Physiotherapy assistant
- Podiatry assistant
- Speech pathology assistant
- Diversional therapy assistant
- Nutrition assistant
- Occupational therapy assistant
- Therapy assistant
GROW YOUR CAREER
This is the highest TAFE NSW qualification available in allied health. Want to keep learning? Develop a specific skill with one of our short courses in CPR and First Aid.
Australia's ageing population, increasing numbers of chronic conditions and government reforms such as the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is driving demand for qualified and experienced healthcare professionals, with an anticipated 809, 180 job openings until 2021.
Sorry, this course is not currently open for enrolments.