Certificate II in Printing and Graphic Arts (General)
National Course Code: ICP20115
The nationally recognised Certificate II in Printing and Graphic Arts (General) will kick-start your printing career. Learn to work with offset, digital and finishing machinery, go on to further study or find work as a print machining assistant, screen printing assistant or digital print operator.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course-work, you will learn to:
- Operate print machinery
- Mix colours
- Work with paper, guillotine and finishing machinery
- Communicate and collaborate
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Participate in sustainable work practices
- Work with the principles of quality assurance
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal qualities and skills you need to get ahead in this field, including:
- Have an enthusiastic attitude
- Be able to take direction
- Be a team player who enjoys collaborating
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Successfully completing this course will give you:
- A nationally recognised Certificate II qualification
- An insight into the printing industry and the foundation to begin a career in the print and graphics industry
GROW YOUR CAREER
Continue to enhance and specialise your printing skills with the Certificate III in Printing, the Certificate III in Print Communications or the Certificate III in Print Manufacturing.
The printing industry in Australia is worth $8bn and there are over 4,500 printing businesses in operation. However, it is not only catalogues and pamphlets that are printed. Understanding how to professionally reproduce imagery for 2D and 3D construction will help to produce industry prototypes such as medical implants and sustainable fabrics.
This shift from traditional to digital printing means there is a need for new ways of thinking and a demand for innovative, adaptable printers to continue to grow and transform the industry.
Sorry, this course is not currently open for enrolments.
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed