Certificate III in Telecommunications Digital Reception Technology
National Course Code: ICT30215
Dial up your career in the telecommunications industry! The nationally recognised Certificate III in Telecommunications Digital Reception Technology will give you the skills to work with digital reception equipment for a direct customer or enterprise.
You will learn how to:
- Install a complex digital reception system
- Install a satellite or terrestrial antenna
- Work effectively in telecommunications technology
- Install and configure internet protocol TV in a home network, and
- Install, maintain and modify customer premises communications cabling
You will also learn fault-finding skills on a range of digital reception equipment for Subscription TV and Free-to-air TV reception.
Completion of the Certificate III in Telecommunications Digital Reception Technology can lead to in-demand career opportunities including:
- Optical Access Broadband Network Installer
- Telecommunications Cable Jointer
- Communications Linesperson
- Data and Voice Communications Cabler
Cabling at the customer premises must be carried out according to requirements of the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) and relevant industry registration bodies, and in line with the specifications of the access network owner. Refer to "Pathways to ACMA Cabling Provider Rules - Cabling registration" and the mandatory industry practical hours required for registration.
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Apprenticeship Allowed