Certificate IV in Information Technology
National Course Code: ICT40118
The nationally recognised Certificate IV in Information Technology equips you with the technical skills to work as a computer technician or systems administrator. Become an invaluable resource in any team and use your problem-solving skills to launch your career in this fast-paced industry.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical course work, learn to:
- Identify and evaluate emerging technologies and practices
- Provide a broad range of ICT support
- Address cybersecurity requirements
- Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment
- Determine and confirm client business requirements
- Implement WHS, environmental sustainability and anti-discrimination practices in an ICT workplace
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal attributes to help you get ahead:
- Communicating successfully with clients
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Collaborating with team members and working independently
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally accredited qualification at Certificate IV level
- A strong study pathway to grow your career
- Computer technician
- Network operations technician
- Client support officer (ICT)
- Technical officer (ICT)
- Software support technician
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with a:
- Diploma of Information Technology
- Diploma of Information Technology Networking
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Network Security)
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
People who are successful in this industry have:
- A positive approach to problem-solving
- An analytical mind
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Collaboration skills and the ability to work independently
Assessments give you the opportunity to demonstrate what you have learned so far and identify what knowledge or skills need further development.
In this course you will undertake:
- Knowledge assessments: short answer and multiple choice
- Practical skills assessments: demonstrations under observation
- Simulated workplace projects: an assignment that mirrors a real world scenari
The Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology is right for you, if you have some communication and computer skills through life experience. Gain the skill to work as a support officer.
This course, the Certificate IV level, is a comprehensive qualification that equips you to work in the industry independently in the role of a technician. This course is right for you if you have a passion for technology, studied IT related subjects, worked on personal digital projects, or are working in the industry.
The Diploma builds on your generalist technical skills, ability to think strategically related to analysis and troubleshooting, and move into supervisory or team leadership roles.
The Advanced Diploma strengthens your skills through increasing complexity. You may also gain credits toward a relevant degree qualification.
Youll gain hands-on skills in:
- Determining software and hardware requirements
- Responding to inquiries about software and hardware problems
- Providing solutions to software and hardware problems
- Ensuring efficient use of applications and equipment
- Implementing, administering and troubleshooting computer networks
- Providing ICT support to a broad range of problems
Work on real world projects in a TAFE NSW simulated workplace, including:
- Understanding client ICT requirements and providing a broad range of ICT support
- Communication skills to collaborate with clients and team members on projects
TAFE NSW offers you a range of online and on-campus study environments - industry specific computer rooms, simulated workplaces, study areas, presentation areas and general student facilities - to enhance your learning and employability.
You will learn in simulated environments that have the relevant industry standard software and replicate a workplace environment to enhance your learning experience.
Tech jobs are the third-fastest growing in the country, with nearly 33,000 new jobs created in the last three years, according to the Australian Bureau of Statistics.
According to the Australian Computer Society (ACS) 100,000 more tech workers are needed by 2024.
ICT is a dynamic and growing field. As digital transformation is on the rise, opportunities in ICT are in demand across a breadth of industries.
This course will train you in skills such as:
- ICT skills
- Communication and collaboration
- Customer service
-Working in teams
The experience you gain through this course provides a solid foundation to launch your career. Your skills will grow with you through further study and work/life experiences.
This course is superseded