Certificate IV in Telecommunications Engineering Technology
National Course Code: ICT41215
This qualification reflects the role of an advanced technician (technical officer), team leader or supervisor with a wide range of telecommunications skills who can install and maintain:
- enterprise networks in emerging and converging technologies
- optical and wireless equipment for high speed broadband network infrastructure
- internet protocol (IP) based network telecommunications equipment
- IP based networks in home networks and small and medium enterprises
- telecommunications, data cabling and cabling products in line with the specifications of the access network owner
- telecommunications access network cabling and infrastructure, systems and customer equipment
The qualifications also enables technicians to assess installation requirements of converging voice, video and data IP networks, plan and perform installations and test installed equipment and fault find. It may also involve a degree of autonomy and may include limited supervision of others.
The following specialisations can be achieved through selection of specific units of competency:
- Network Engineering
- Optical Networks
- Radio Communications.
Work functions in the occupational areas where this unit may be used are subject to regulatory requirements. Refer to the ICT Implementation Guide Companion Volume or the relevant regulator for details of licensing, legislative or certification requirements.
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed