Diploma of Information Technology (Advanced Networking)
National Course Code: ICT50220
This course provides a specialisation in Advanced Networking.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals in a variety of information and communications technology (ICT) roles who have established specialised skills in a technical ICT function.
Individuals in these roles carry out moderately complex tasks in a specialist field, working independently, as part of a team or leading a deliverable with others. They may apply their skills across a wide range of industries, business functions and departments, or as a business owner (sole trader/contractor).
The skills required for these roles may include, but are not restricted to:
- advanced networking: configuring and managing virtual computing environments, and security within ICT networks
- advanced programming: applying intermediate and advanced programming skills, managing data and building advanced user interfaces to manage organisational requirements
- back end web development: developing and maintaining website information architecture and data
- business analysis: designing and implementing technical requirements, quality assurance processes and contingency plans for businesses
- cloud architecture: developing, improving and designing cloud infrastructure, including disaster recovery plans
- cloud engineering: building, implementing and managing cloud infrastructure and virtual networks
- cyber security: protecting sensitive data and information through security architecture and developing disaster recovery and contingency plans
- database and data management: creating, designing and monitoring systems that store data and optimise organisational knowledge management
- front end web development: designing dynamic and complex websites, user experience solutions and documents using extensible mark-up languages
- game art and design: creating complex 2D and 3D modelling and animation software through scripts and storyboards
- game programming
- Systems administration
- Systems analysis
This course is currently available at 1 campus location across NSW. Enquire now for other locations.