Diploma of Information Technology Networking
National Course Code: ICT50418
The nationally recognised Diploma of Information Technology Networking builds the technical skills and knowledge needed for roles in management or system engineering in the dynamic IT industry. Develop your ability to manage complex IT networks and learn the latest in technology equipment.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Design, build, configure and test Windows server
- Perform server virtualisation
- Manage enterprise network routers and switches
- Manage complex ICT networks
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Advanced problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Great communication skills, particularly written and verbal
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Diploma level
- Project management skills for large scale ICT projects and network architecture
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- IT Administrator
- IT Manager
- IT Support Technician
- IT Technician
- Network Administrator
- Network Operations Analyst
- Service Desk Analyst
- Support Technician
- Systems Administrator
- Systems engineer
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Advanced Diploma of Network Security
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Network Security)
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
People who are successful in this industry have:
- An investigate approach to solve problems
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Assessments give you the opportunity to demonstrate what you have learned and to identify the knowledge or skills that may need further development. In this course you will undertake:
- Knowledge assessments
- Skills assessments
- Projects and Case Studies
Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking is a foundation course for anyone wishing to enter into the IT Networking industry. You are recommended to complete this course before the Diploma.
This course, the Diploma, prepares you for a Level 2 job such as Network Engineer and focuses on complex systems and thinking. You will also focus on managerial and leadership aspects to support your employment as a manager. This course provides a solid pathway to a degree qualification.
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Designing, building, configuring and testing Microsoft Windows server
- Server virtualisation including cloud computing
- Enterprise network routers and switches
- Project management of large scale ICT projects and network architecture
TAFE NSW is known for delivering theory along with practical, hands-on learning. You will work on real world projects, including:
- ICT architecture
- Installing and troubleshooting enterprise routers and switchers
- Operating and troubleshooting a small enterprise branch network
- Managing network and data integrity
- Installing and configuring virtual machines for sustainable ICT
TAFE NSW offers you a range of study environments to enhance your learning and employability, such as:
- Dedicated labs with enterprise grade networking equipment
- State-of-the-art virtualisation
- Dedicated computer labs
According to the Australian Governments Job Outlook website, the number of people working as ICT Support Technicians grew rapidly over the past 5 years and is expected to continue strong growth from 65,800 in 2018 to 77,900 by 2023.
There are likely to be around 62,000 job openings over 5 years, that's about 12,400 a year.
Most industries are going through a digital transformation and require strong and strategic people with IT skills.
The Diploma of Information Technology Networking will give the student skills that could be applied to any number of industries such as professional and scientific, information media and telecommunications and education and training.
Job growth is strong with the Australian Government estimating that there will be approximately 17,000 job openings over the next five years.
You can work anywhere in Australia after completing this course.
This course is superseded