Diploma of Telecommunications Engineering
National Course Code: ICT51015
TAFE NSW is a leading provider of training for the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) sector. With our nationally recognised Diploma of Telecommunications Engineering, you will be well placed to secure employment as a technical specialist, now and into the future.
This course is for people with previous qualifications in the field or equivalent industry experience.
You will learn how to:
- Install, test and commission voice and data communications networks in medium to large enterprises
- Use next generation networks technologies
You will also be able to provide technical support in monitoring and administering the installation of large telecommunications and IT networks including:
- Local area networks (LAN) and wide area networks (WAN)
- IP based protocol systems
- Voice over internet protocol (VoIP)
- Unified communications networks
- Secured networks
- Cellular mobile networks
- Microwave systems
- Wireless and wired line networks
You may also have the option to specialise in:
- Network Engineering
- Optical Networks
- Radio Communications
Talk to us today about the study options available to you.
Work functions in the occupational areas where this unit may be used are subject to regulatory requirements. Refer to the ICT Implementation Guide Companion Volume or the relevant regulator for details of licensing, legislative or certification requirements.
This course is currently available at 1 campus location across NSW. Enquire now for other locations.
- Nationally Recognised Training
- VET Student Loans Available
- Full Time