Certificate I in Maritime Operations (Coxswain Grade 2 Near Coastal)
National Course Code: MAR10418
The nationally accredited Certificate I in Maritime Operations (Coxswain GD2 Near Coastal) will steer you toward certification as a Coxswain Grade 2 Near Coastal through Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA). Be prepared for ships master role with this hands-on course.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theoretical and practical course work, you will learn:
- Survival skills in the event of vessel abandonment
- Fight fires on board a vessel
- Nautical terminology
- Practical seamanship skills and command a vessel up to 12 meters
- Operate inboard and outboard motors
- Environmental work practices to protect our waters
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop your natural abilities and talents to get ahead in a maritime career, including:
- Collaboration and communication skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Adventurous spirit
- Strong swimming ability
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised Certificate I qualification
- Eligibility to apply for your AMSA - Coxswain Grade 2 Near Coastal certification
This course, coupled with your AMSA certification, qualifies you to work in the maritime industry as a ships master or small vessel master, on vessels up to 12 meters.
GROW YOUR CAREER
Continue your career commanding vessels with these further study options:
- Certificate II in Maritime Operations (Coxswain Grade 1 near Coastal)
- Certificate III in Maritime Operations (Master up to 24 meters Near Coastal)
The Maritime Industry Reference Committee Skills Forecast states that 75% of maritime employers are experiencing a skills shortage. Domestic commercial vessel occupations including deckhands, marine engine drivers, and small vessel masters are in greatest demand.
Forecasts show that the industry needs 11.6% additional seafarers in seagoing roles and 17.7% additional ex-seafarers to work ashore.
Sorry, this course is not currently open for enrolments.
- Nationally Recognised Training