Diploma of Maritime Operations (Engineer Watchkeeper)
National Course Code: MAR50115
Prepare to launch your career in the maritime industry with the Diploma of Maritime Operations (Engineer Watchkeeper).
You will learn how to:
- Maintain a safe engineering watch
- Perform various tasks in relation to shipboard plant and equipment checking, maintenance, fabrication and repairs
- Operate alternators, generators and control systems to supply shipboard electrical power, pumping systems, main and auxiliary machinery and associated control systems
You will also learn about:
- Safety and survival at sea
- Extinguishing fires
- First aid
Once you successfully complete the Diploma of Maritime Operations (Engineer Watchkeeper), you will be ready to start your career in the maritime industry as an Engineer Watchkeeper.
Get on-board a career you will love with the Diploma of Maritime Operations (Engineer Watchkeeper).
This course is often associated with skills and careers related to a coastal engineer, shipboard engineer, marine engineer and watchkeeper.
If you want to study maritime operations, a maritime course or explore a maritime training package, TAFE NSW is your education industry leader.
This course is currently available at 1 campus location across NSW. Enquire now for other locations.
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Apprenticeship Allowed
- VET Student Loans Available
- Full Time