Course Info - TAFE NSW
Diploma of Maritime Operations (Master up to 500 GT)
National Course Code: MAR50415
Set sail for a career you will love with the Diploma of Maritime Operations (Master up to 500 GT).
Students learn how to:
- Apply command navigation procedures on vessels limited by tonnage or near coastal operations
- Ensure compliance with environmental management legislation
- Inspect and report defects and damage to vessel
- Maintain a safe navigational watch and maintain vessel stability
- Manage provision of medical care on board a vessel
- Observe personal safety and social responsibility
Once you complete the Diploma of Maritime Operations (Master up to 500 GT), you will be qualified to work in the maritime industry as a Master, Chief Mate or Watchkeeper Deck on ships with a gross tonnage of less than 500.
At TAFE NSW we understand that you may not be able to commit to full-time study, so we have developed a range of flexible modes for you to complete this course.
We could not find any courses for the filters you have applied, please , or click here and our friendly team will let you know about other options.
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed