Course Info - TAFE NSW
Diploma of Maritime Operations (Master up to 500 GT)
National Course Code: MAR50415
Set sail for a career you will love with the Diploma of Maritime Operations (Master up to 500 GT).
Students learn how to:
- Apply command navigation procedures on vessels limited by tonnage or near coastal operations
- Ensure compliance with environmental management legislation
- Inspect and report defects and damage to vessel
- Maintain a safe navigational watch and maintain vessel stability
- Manage provision of medical care on board a vessel
- Observe personal safety and social responsibility
Once you complete the Diploma of Maritime Operations (Master up to 500 GT), you will be qualified to work in the maritime industry as a Master, Chief Mate or Watchkeeper Deck on ships with a gross tonnage of less than 500.
At TAFE NSW we understand that you may not be able to commit to full-time study, so we have developed a range of flexible modes for you to complete this course.
Sorry, this course is not currently open for enrolments. Enquire now for future availability.
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
Sorry, this course is not currently open for enrolments
Enquire now for future availability or choose a campus location below to view all available courses.
- Hunter Street
- Kurri Kurri
- Moss Vale
- Wollongong West
- Glen Innes
- Coffs Harbour
- Coffs Harbour Education Campus
- Great Lakes
- Port Macquarie
- National Environment Centre
- Primary Industries Centre
- Wagga Wagga
- West Wyalong