Diploma of Maritime Operations (Master up to 500 GT)
National Course Code: MAR50415
Set sail for a career you will love with the Diploma of Maritime Operations (Master up to 500 GT).
Students learn how to:
- Apply command navigation procedures on vessels limited by tonnage or near coastal operations
- Ensure compliance with environmental management legislation
- Inspect and report defects and damage to vessel
- Maintain a safe navigational watch and maintain vessel stability
- Manage provision of medical care on board a vessel
- Observe personal safety and social responsibility
Once you complete the Diploma of Maritime Operations (Master up to 500 GT), you will be qualified to work in the maritime industry as a Master, Chief Mate or Watchkeeper Deck on ships with a gross tonnage of less than 500.
At TAFE NSW we understand that you may not be able to commit to full-time study, so we have developed a range of flexible modes for you to complete this course.
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
This course is currently available at 1 campus location across NSW. Enquire now for other locations.