Certificate III in Aircraft Surface Finishing
National Course Code: MEA30118
You will be off to a flying start in your aircraft maintenance and finishing career with the Certificate III in Aircraft Surface Finishing.
This qualification is designed for employees of aircraft maintenance or specialist aircraft finishing organisations who are required to prepare the surfaces of aircraft (and aircraft components) for the application of:
- Surface finishes
- Specialist finishes
- Decals or stencils
Students will learn how to:
- Interpret work health and safety practices in aviation maintenance
- Plan and organise aviation maintenance work activities
- Apply quality standards applicable to aviation maintenance processes
- Interpret and use aviation maintenance industry manuals and specifications
- Perform basic hand skills, standard trade practices and fundamentals in aviation maintenance
- Conduct self in the aviation maintenance environment, and more!
You will also learn a range of skills from elective units relating to aircraft surface finishing and application of paint finishes.
To make it even easier to learn with us at TAFE NSW, we have developed a range of study options for you to choose from. Talk to us about the options available to you.
Please note: This qualification fully articulates with the Certificate IV in Aircraft Surface Finishing and the common units provide a number of credits towards other Aeroskills qualifications at Certificate III and IV levels. This qualification is suited to employees of workplaces that operate under the airworthiness regulatory systems of the Australian Defence Force (ADF) and the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA). Any regulatory/licensing requirements associated with any MEA units of competency must be met.
Sorry, this course is not currently open for enrolments.
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Apprenticeship Allowed