Course Info - TAFE NSW
Certificate IV in Aeroskills (Avionics) (Aircraft Maintenance Stream)
National Course Code: MEA40615
This course is superseded
Become an Aviation Maintenance Worker when you study the Certificate IV in Aeroskills (Avionics) with TAFE NSW.
This nationally recognised qualification will give you the fundamental knowledge and skills to:
- Perform scheduled inspections
- Fault diagnose and repair
- Modify aircraft electrical, instrument and radio systems and system components
The Certificate IV in Aeroskills (Avionics) may apply to either aircraft maintenance performed on flight lines/ramps and in hangars or to avionic component repair and overhaul performed in workshops.
You will learn how to:
- Interpret work health and safety practices in aviation maintenance
- Plan and organise aviation maintenance work activities
- Apply quality standards applicable to aviation maintenance processes
- Interpret and use aviation maintenance industry manuals and specifications, and more!
Plus, you will develop your skills in simulated workplaces and on-the-job, ensuring you qualify with relevant, work-ready experience.
To make it even easier to study at TAFE NSW, we have developed a range of study options for you to choose from. Talk to us about your options!
This Certificate is suitable for employees of Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisations (CAMOs) or to members of the Australian Defence Force (ADF).
If you are a domestic student, it defines your exit from your Apprenticeship.
Elective units focus on avionic technical stream units relating to aircraft avionic system and component maintenance or to component repair and overhaul.
Please note: Because of the wide application of this qualification there is considerable flexibility in the selection of technical stream units and individuals should be mindful of their future career aspirations when selecting units for, in particular, the aircraft maintenance stream. Provided that the correct elective units are selected, the qualification articulates with the Diploma of Aeroskills (Avionics).
Sorry, this course is not currently open for enrolments. Enquire now for future availability.
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Apprenticeship Allowed
Sorry, this course is not currently open for enrolments
Enquire now for future availability or choose a campus location below to view all available courses.
- Hunter Street
- Kurri Kurri
- Moss Vale
- Wollongong West
- Glen Innes
- Coffs Harbour
- Coffs Harbour Education Campus
- Great Lakes
- Port Macquarie
- National Environment Centre
- Primary Industries Centre
- Wagga Wagga
- West Wyalong