Certificate IV in Aeroskills (Avionics) (Component Maintenance Workshop Stream)
National Course Code: MEA40618
***This course provides an outcome in the Component Maintenance Workshop Stream. Please enquire with your local TAFE NSW if you want to enrol in the Aircraft Maintenance stream ***
Become an Aviation Maintenance Worker when you study the Certificate IV in Aeroskills (Avionics) with TAFE NSW.
This nationally recognised qualification will give you the fundamental knowledge and skills to:
- Perform scheduled inspections
- Fault diagnose and repair
- Modify aircraft electrical, instrument and radio systems and system components
The Certificate IV in Aeroskills (Avionics) may apply to either aircraft maintenance performed on flight lines/ramps and in hangars or to avionic component repair and overhaul performed in workshops.
You will learn how to:
- Interpret work health and safety practices in aviation maintenance
- Plan and organise aviation maintenance work activities
- Apply quality standards applicable to aviation maintenance processes
- Interpret and use aviation maintenance industry manuals and specifications, and more!
Plus, you will develop your skills in simulated workplaces and on-the-job, ensuring you qualify with relevant, work-ready experience.
To make it even easier to study at TAFE NSW, we have developed a range of study options for you to choose from. Talk to us about your options!
This Certificate is suitable for employees of Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisations (CAMOs) or to members of the Australian Defence Force (ADF).
If you are a domestic student, it defines your exit from your Apprenticeship.
Elective units focus on avionic technical stream units relating to aircraft avionic system and component maintenance or to component repair and overhaul.
Please note: Because of the wide application of this qualification there is considerable flexibility in the selection of technical stream units and individuals should be mindful of their future career aspirations when selecting units for, in pa
Sorry, this course is not currently open for enrolments.
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Apprenticeship Allowed