Certificate IV in Aircraft Surface Finishing
National Course Code: MEA40918
Add the finishing touches to your aviation career with the Certificate IV in Aircraft Surface Finishing.
This nationally recognised qualification was designed for employees of aircraft repair and overhaul organisations or members of the Australian Defence Force (ADF) who are engaged in either:
- The supervision of aircraft surface finishing activities
- Working in an environment where a significant degree of multi-skilling is required in component removal and installation and/or the performance of a specified range of repair tasks
You will learn to:
- Remove surface coatings from aircraft or aircraft components
- Pre-treat aluminium alloy surfaces
- Seal aircraft and aircraft component structural seams
- Remove light corrosion from aircraft
- Prepare spray painting materials and equipment
- Apply air dry and polyurethane enamel refinishing materials
- Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- Mandatory surface finishing technical stream and imported units that also apply at Certificate III level, and more!
Elective units can also be selected according to your unique employment needs.
This qualification applies to workplaces that operate under the airworthiness regulatory systems of the ADF and the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA). Any regulatory/licensing requirements associated with any MEA units of competency must be met.
Please note: The qualification also provides credits towards the MEA50415 Diploma of Aviation Maintenance Management (Mechanical) and the MEA60215 Advanced Diploma of Aviation Maintenance Management (Mechanical). A limited number of credits are also provided towards the MEA50215 Diploma of Aeroskills (Mechanical).
Sorry, this course is not currently open for enrolments.