Course Info - TAFE NSW
Diploma of Aeroskills (Mechanical)
National Course Code: MEA50215
This course is superseded
The Diploma in Aeroskills (Mechanical) is for those who need a Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) B1 Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Licence to take the next step in their aviation career.
This course will cover the supervision, performance and certification of airframe, engine, electrical and structural maintenance on aircraft that are type-rated by CASA for maintenance purposes.
You will learn how to:
- Perform administrative processes to prepare for the certification of civil aircraft maintenance
- Plan and implement civil aircraft maintenance activities
- Supervise civil aircraft maintenance activities and manage human resources in the workplace
- Apply work health and safety procedures at supervisor level in aviation maintenance
- Manage self in the aviation maintenance environment
- Apply mathematics and physics in aviation maintenance
- Perform advanced troubleshooting in aircraft mechanical maintenance
- Assess structural repair/modification requirements and evaluate structural repairs and modifications
- Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- Manage work health and safety (WHS)
- Implement competencies required by casa for the exercise of licence privileges
Please note: The requirement for the awarding of MEA50215 Diploma of Aeroskills (Mechanical) is demonstrated competency in listed units of competency. The listed units also satisfy CASA requirements for the grant, under Civil Aviation Regulation (CASR) Part 66, of Aircraft Maintenance Engineer B1 Licences in sub-categories B1.1 and B1.3 when the skills and knowledge requirements align with CASA syllabus requirements in the Companion Volume and CASA Interface and training has been delivered in accordance with the requirements of CASR Part 147.
The qualification also provides credits towards the MEA50415 Diploma of Aviation Maintenance Management (Mechanical) and the MEA60215 Advanced Diploma of Aviation Maintenance Management (Mechanical).
Sorry, this course is not currently open for enrolments. Enquire now for future availability.
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Apprenticeship Allowed
Sorry, this course is not currently open for enrolments
Enquire now for future availability or choose a campus location below to view all available courses.
- Hunter Street
- Kurri Kurri
- Moss Vale
- Wollongong West
- Glen Innes
- Coffs Harbour
- Coffs Harbour Education Campus
- Great Lakes
- Port Macquarie
- National Environment Centre
- Primary Industries Centre
- Wagga Wagga
- West Wyalong