Diploma of Interior Design
National Course Code: MSF50218
The nationally accredited Diploma of Interior Design will help you to create captivating interior designs. This is your opportunity to refine your design skills, build your business skills, and become a creative force in industry where designers are in high demand.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Digitally design, illustrate and construct spaces
- Experiment with textures and surfaces
- Collaborate with builders, architects and service contractors
- Create specialist designs
- Develop a detailed understanding of colour
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- A critical eye for analysing interior spaces
- Unique design concepts
- A strong awareness of architectural significance on design
- An enthusiastic and innovative nature
- Strong organisational skills
- Problem solving strategies
- Collaborative nature and excellent communication skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised Diploma qualification
- The confidence and know-how to launch your own interior design business
- Interior designer or decorator
- Interior stylist
- Colour stylist
- Texture specialist
- Council design worker
- Residential interior designer
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Advanced Diploma of Decoration (Interior Design)
- Bachelor of TAFE NSW Bachelor of Design (Interior Design)
This course is currently available at 6 campus locations across NSW. Enquire now for other locations.
People who are successful in this industry have:
- An appreciation for architectural significance
- An eagerness to explore innovative ways forward in build environments
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to interpret and follow briefs
- Strong collaborative skills to produce final spatial designs
- An aptitude for problem solving
- Unique design ideas
Assessments give you the opportunity to demonstrate what you have learned so far and identify what knowledge or skills need further development. In this course you will undertake:
- Multiple practical assessments that include creating interior design presentations
- Written assessments which include preparing design documentation and researching client goals
The assessments in this course are very practical, with both group and individual work.
The Certificate IV in Interior Decoration, is where you'll gain all your underpinning experience in creative skills. It provides real world exposure where youll apply what youre learning in simulated environments. Youll practice your skills at an intermediate level, whilst collaborating with industry professionals.
This course, the Diploma, doesn't cover the underpinning experience gained in the Certificate IV. This course focuses on residential interior design. You'll practice your skills at an advanced level, whilst collaborating with industry professionals. It is expected that you have completed the Certificate IV in Interior Design before enrolling into this Diploma.
The Advanced Diploma provides the opportunity to refine your advanced skills. It delivers comprehensive insight into commercial interior design. You will practice your skills at a highly advanced level. It is expected you complete this course before applying for the Bachelor of Design (Interior Design) offered at the award winning TAFE NSW Enmore College.
Depending on your campus location and local partnerships with TAFE NSW, you may have the opportunity to participate in excursions that take you behind the scenes in the Interior Decoration industry. These may include:
- Interior design studios
- Council chambers
- Lighting studios
Work placement is not required though there may be work experience opportunities that are identified throughout your studies.
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Digital design, illustration and construction
- 3D model construction
- Working with lighting in spatial design
- Using colour in various spaces
- Experimenting with textures and surfaces
- Working safely with equipment and materials
- Using various materials and products
- Learning how to evaluate a site correctly
- Producing digital presentations
TAFE NSW is known for delivering theory accompanied/in conjunction with practical, hands-on learning. You will work on real world projects, such as:
- Researching and analysing client visions
- Planning and presenting client presentations
- Specifying colour schemes, furniture and fabrics
- Preparing design documentation for speciality floor coverings, fabrics and wall finishes
- Creating ceiling and lighting designs that showcase basic building protocols
- Providing contract documentation for the pricing, procurement and installation of materials and furniture
- Organising purchases such as materials, accessories, artwork and furnishings
You will have access to industry specific computer rooms, design studios, study areas, presentation areas and general student facilities available at most TAFE NSW campuses.
The interior design industry is growing in demand as people aspire to well-designed and architecturally creative spaces. Clients are expecting qualified and experienced designers in many different areas. The Diploma of Interior Design is a diverse course that opens you to a world of employment opportunities in interior design or architectural consult studios, specialist retail stores, and government building initiatives.
Interior design is everywhere. The Egyptian Reign highlighted the importance of lavish decorations, while the Roman Empire emphasised beauty and comfort. Today, we continue to desire such design elements, which has created an ever-evolving interior design industry. This course takes the fundamental design skills you have, and sharpens them to meet a variety of specialised residential demands you may face.
Showing 1 to 3 options of 3 for Diploma of Interior Design
Showing 1 to 3 options of 3 for Diploma of Interior Design