Diploma of Laboratory Technology (Food)
National Course Code: MSL50118
The nationally recognised Diploma of Laboratory Technology (Food) will develop your laboratory skills and prepare you for a career as a laboratory officer or technician in the food-manufacturing sector. Your expertise will support the health and safety of consumers by ensuring food and its packaging meets HACCP quality standards.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, you will learn to:
- Process and interpret data
- Use laboratory application software
- Analyse data and report results
- Maintain and calibrate instruments and equipment
- Monitor the quality of test results and data
Elective units include:
- Microbiological procedures
- Develop HACCP plans
- Chemical and food testing and procedures
- Provide input to production trials
- Conduct sensory analysis
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Stand out in the job market by developing a range of key soft skills:
- Effective communication
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail with a strong focus on quality
- Professional integrity
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally accredited qualification at diploma level
- Lab technician or technical officer in pathology, biotechnology, laboratory, manufacturing testing, food laboratory or mineral assay
- Forensic science technician
GROW YOUR CAREER
This is the highest TAFE NSW qualification available for Laboratory Technology (Food). Take your career further with a Bachelor of Science.
According to HACCP food contamination events are a major health problem in Australia, with food poisoning occurrences estimated to exceed 2 million every year. This course will prepare you to identify risks through analysis and testing and contribute toward consumer safety and confidence.
This course is currently available at 1 campus location across NSW. Enquire now for other locations.