Certificate III in Millinery
National Course Code: MST30316
Explore your creative flair and love of hats with this foundation course, Certificate III in Millinery. Learn how to select materials, cut a pattern and block hats and gain insights into how to build your business or maybe a global career with a fashion house is more your style.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, you will learn how to:
- Identify materials
- Block and shape millinery
- Flat patterns for millinery
- Assemble blocked millinery components
- Sew and use adhesion techniques
- Produce and attach millinery trims
- Build your own small business and your list of clientele
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop skills that will help you get ahead in this field:
- Learn how to build clientele and market your hats
- Develop skills that will help you to work autonomously or within a team
- Develop the ability to spot trends in fabric and colour
- Harness your creativity and imagination
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- The ability to produce your own hats
- The confidence and know how to start your own sole trader millinery business
CAREER OUTCOMES AND JOB ROLES
- Hat designer
GROW YOUR CAREER
Broaden your career opportunities with a side step into fashion:
- Certificate III in Applied Fashion Design and Technology
Although millinery is a small industry in Australia, fashion millinery will always have a place in the market. People are looking to purchase unique hats that are well constructed.
This course enables you to set up a millinery business, which would suit a person looking for flexible working hours.
This course is currently available at 1 campus location across NSW. Enquire now for other locations.
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Part Time Day