Certificate IV in Auslan
National Course Code: PSP40818
The nationally accredited Certificate IV in Auslan allows you to develop your advancing Auslan language skills as you gain confidence and become fluent in your signing language skills. Build connections within the deaf community as you learn to converse in a range of situations.
This is a fully government subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theoretical and practical course work, you will learn to:
- Sign with a degree of fluency and spontaneity
- Communicate in casual conversations about directions, cooking, verbs and social events
- Communicate in formal conversations about employment and education
- Analyse the differences between Auslan and the English language
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal attributes that will help you get ahead:
- Persistent, adaptable and empathetic
- Committed to advancing your Auslan skills
- Advanced communication skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate IV level
- Strong pathways to continue your studies and enhance your career opportunities as a professional interpreter
Once you complete this qualification, you will be able to:
- Use your Auslan knowledge professionally within community services, education and disability sectors
GROW YOUR CAREER
Advance your Auslan skills with:
- Diploma of Auslan
Upon completing the Diploma of Auslan, become a professional interpreter with:
- Diploma of Interpreting
- Advanced Diploma of Interpreting
The education, disability and aged care sectors are among the largest industries in Australia and consistently seek to ensure all services are available to the deaf community. Become an industry professional, as you learn to listen and respond, while creating inclusive environments for those who may not otherwise be heard.
This course is currently available at 1 campus location across NSW. Enquire now for other locations.
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Part Time Evening
- Fully government-subsidised