Diploma of Auslan
National Course Code: PSP51018
This qualification provides signing skills to communicate in Auslan fluently and spontaneously across a wide range of subjects. Communication may take place in any situation including personal, public, social, employment and educational domains.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
This qualification aligns to an adaptation, for sign languages, of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), CI: Proficient User.
This is an Auslan signer who can:
- understand a wide range of demanding, long texts, and recognise implicit meaning
- express him or herself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions
- use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes
- produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
The volume of learning for a Diploma is typically 1 to 2 years.
Sorry, this course is not currently open for enrolments.
- Nationally Recognised Training