Certificate III in Racing (Stablehand) This qualification is related to the thoroughbred code of the racing industry
National Course Code: RGR30218
The nationally accredited Certificate III in Racing (Stablehand) will ensure you are a front runner in the racing industry. Take your love of horses and early morning starts and learn to manage the daily operations of a harness or thoroughbred racing stable.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theoretical and practical course work, you will learn to:
- Understand how the horse racing industry operates
- Effectively treat and train animals
- Groom and handle horses and supervise others to groom and handle horses
- Implement horse feeding programs
- Load horses onto floats and transport them to the racetracks
- Implement fitness regimes for horses
- Implement stable operations
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal qualities that will help you get ahead:
- Time management, reliability and flexibility
- Strong communication skills
- Collaboration and working as part of a team
- Empathy and a love of horses
** ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS**
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate III level
- A strong foundation to continue your equine studies
GROW YOUR CAREER
Specialise your skills and expand your industry knowledge with the Certificate IV in Racing (Racehorse Trainer). This course will build your experience with thoroughbred horses and horse racing.
Career outcomes and job roles:
- Senior stablehand
- Stable foreman
Thoroughbred racing is one of Australia's oldest and most lucrative industries with a worth of $9 billion. The industry provides more than 70,000 jobs nationally and has an ongoing need for employees to be skilled to current industry standards and ensure the industry remains strong and prosperous.
Sorry, this course is not currently open for enrolments.
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed