Course Info - TAFE NSW
Certificate III in Racing Services (Cadet Steward)
National Course Code: RGR30408
This course is superseded
Get your career off to a great start with the Certificate III in Racing Services (Cadet Steward).
Stewards are responsible for the conduct of race meetings, investigate incidents and potential non-compliance issues and arbitrate and award penalties. .
You will learn how to:
- Comply with the rules of racing and related protocols
- Achieve requirements for industry induction
- Maintain and monitor WHS procedures and environmental work practices
- Apply first aid
Plus, you can elect to study areas such as:
- Investigating job opportunities in racing and related industries
- Workplace skills including quarantine procedures, emergency situations and public speaking
- Steward specific duties including handling horses or greyhounds
- Racing administration techniques
Work responsibilities are undertaken within regulatory and integrity services operations. A high degree of confidentiality and discretion is required. You need to be confident about moving in close proximity to race horses or greyhounds.
The Certificate III in Racing Services (Cadet Steward) can lead to careers as a:
- Dog or Horse Racing Official
- Handicapper (Racing)
- Race Steward
Sorry, this course is not currently open for enrolments. Enquire now for future availability.
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
Sorry, this course is not currently open for enrolments
Enquire now for future availability or choose a campus location below to view all available courses.
- Hunter Street
- Kurri Kurri
- Moss Vale
- Wollongong West
- Glen Innes
- Coffs Harbour
- Coffs Harbour Education Campus
- Great Lakes
- Port Macquarie
- National Environment Centre
- Primary Industries Centre
- Wagga Wagga
- West Wyalong