Course Info - TAFE NSW
Certificate IV in Surface Coal Mining (Open Cut Examiner)
National Course Code: RII40215
If you are working in the mines, the Certificate IV in Surface Coal Mining (Open Cut Examiner) will give you the skills you need to perform a complex range of jobs.
This nationally recognised qualification will develop your knowledge in hand and power tools, excavators and explosives. While this course is focused on surface operations, your understanding of excavation, the environment and working underground will be significantly enhanced through on-the-job training and experience.
You will learn to:
- Be involved in the planning of significant activities as part of larger mining objectives
- Develop the expertise to be counted on for timings, safety and feasibility
- Develop the skills to allow you to successfully act as a mentor to junior mining workers, or to supervise teams
- Work closely with project managers and site managers
- Ensure effective workplace health and safety
There are high risks involved with coal mining jobs. Risk mitigation and harm minimisation are of vital importance and you will be required to set an example for other staff in your own work and the work of others.
Coming soon. Register your interest to be notified when more enrolments open.
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed