Statement of Attainment in First Aid for Early Childhood
Course Code: SG00001036
The Statement of Attainment in First Aid for Early Childhood teaches you the essential practical skills needed to respond to first aid emergencies in early childhood education and care settings, along with important medical knowledge and legislation requirements.
This is a fully government subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theoretical and practical course work, you will learn a range of first aid essentials including:
- Legal regulations, codes of practice and workplace procedures
- Privacy, confidentiality and consent requirements
- Infection control principles and procedures
- How to cope with over 25 different illnesses or injuries
- Use of adrenalin auto-injectors such as EpiPen and AnaPen
- How to use bandages
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal attributes you need:
- Clear communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding professionalism
- Confidence to stay calm in an emergency
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally accredited Statement of Attainment
- Credit toward a full qualification
GROW YOUR CAREER
Ready to commit to a full qualification in this field? This Statement of Attainment will give you a foundation to succeed in Early Childhood Education.
Explore your options and discover the full range of TAFE Early Childhood Education and Care courses on offer.
Currently, there is an identified skills shortage of qualified child care workers in NSW. Employment is forecast to increase by around 14.0% from 2019/20 to 2024/25, due to increased demand and changing regulations which requires more staff. Half of all staff are required to have or be working towards a diploma or higher tertiary qualification, with other staff required to have or be working towards a Certificate III or above.
Sorry, this course is not currently open for enrolments.