Statement of Attainment in Shearing (Introduction to Shearing and Wool Harvesting)
National Course Code: RTOSS
The nationally recognised Statement of Attainment in Shearing (Introduction to Shearing and Wool Harvesting) kick-starts your career in the sheep and wool industry as a shed hand. Enrol in a full qualification and work as an in-demand shearer or wool handler across Australia.
This is a fully government subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Pen and prepare sheep
- Shear and crutch sheep
- Assemble combs and cutters
- Prepare hand pieces and downtubes
- Understand animal welfare legislation and codes of practice
- Work safely in the shearing shed
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Communication skills
- Collaboration and teamwork
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally accredited Statement of Attainment
- A strong pathway to further shearing and wool study with credit recognition
GROW YOUR CAREER
Ready to commit to a full qualification in this field? Build your skills with:
- Certificate II in Shearing
- Certificate III in Shearing
- Certificate II in Wool Handling
- Certificate IV in Wool Classing
Considering another study pathway? Discover the full range of TAFE NSW wool, livestock and agriculture courses on offer.
Complete a full qualification and go on to roles like:
- Wool handler
- Wool classer
- Wool broker
Australia is the number one producer worldwide of premium quality, fine wool. Wool production has played a crucial part in our economy for 200 years and right now, the industry is experiencing the highest prices for wool in many years.
Sorry, this course is not currently open for enrolments.