Statement of Attainment in Introduction to Working in the Health Industry
Course Code: SG00006955
The nationally accredited Statement of Attainment in Introduction to Working in the Health Industry is a short course suited to those looking to launch a career in the rewarding Health and Community Services sector. You will learn the knowledge you need to start your health journey and be prepared for further study or entry level roles in the industry.
This is a fully government subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work learn to:
- Communicate effectively with clients, colleagues, management and other industry providers
- Participate in safe work practices to ensure your own health and safety, and that of others
- Work respectfully with people from diverse social and cultural groups and situations, including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to get ahead in this industry:
- Collaboration and team work skills
- Effective communication
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally accredited Statement of Attainment
- Transferrable life skills
Graduates who complete a full qualification go on to roles including:
- Health service assistant
- Personal care assistant
- Assistant in nursing
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career in Health and Community Services further with these TAFE NSW qualifications:
- Certificate III in Health Administration
- Certificate III in Health Services Assistance
Discover the full range of TAFE NSW Health courses and TAFE NSW Community Services courses on offer.
Demand for health services is expected to strengthen over the next five years, with growth forecast to generate $185.6 billion in revenue.
This course is currently available Online. Enquire now for other locations.