Statement of Attainment in Building Your Digital Literacy with Coding
Course Code: SG00007492
The Statement of Attainment in Building Your Digital Literacy With Coding equips you with the skills to create basic markup language documents and cascading style sheets (CSS) for a website, as well as create simple applications or games.
This is a fully government subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, you will learn:
- Markup languages and their standards, advantages and disadvantages
- Standard web and cascading style sheets (CSS) design principles
- Application of HTML and XHTML to CSS
- Hypertext transfer protocol (HTTP) and HTTP Secure (HTTPS)
- To test and troubleshoot
- Features and limitations of common web browsers
- Common game programming languages, their syntax and command structure
- To apply programming language syntax, sequence, selection and iteration control structures to the development of an app or game
- Produce an app or game designed and built from program specifications
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the key soft skills you need to be successful:
- Confidence dealing with people in a business environment
- Problem-solving skills
- Managing competing tasks and priorities
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
This course will provide you with:
- A nationally accredited Statement of Attainment
- A pathway to further study in IT
- Credit toward a full qualification
GROW YOUR CAREER
Ready to commit to a full qualification in this field?
- Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology
- Certificate IV in Information Technology
Explore the full range of TAFE NSW Information and Technology courses on offer.
There are several diverse IT qualifications currently on the NSW Skills List, so the prospect of demand in this industry is good and is predicted to grow.
Sorry, this course is not currently open for enrolments.