Statement of Attainment in Game Harvester
Course Code: SG00007529
The Statement of Attainment in Game Harvester equips you with the specialised skills to be able to work out in the field as a wild game harvester. You will learn processes required to prepare kangaroo, wild boar, deer, camels and rabbit, for chilling and transportation.
This is a fully government subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, learn to:
- Apply hygiene and sanitation practices
- Identify wild game meat products produced in Australia
- Describe auditing, review and micro-testing programs
- Operate a game harvesting vehicle
- Load and unload carcases according to regulatory requirements
- Eviscerate, inspect and tag wild game carcases in the field
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to get ahead:
- Time management skills
- Ability to follow set tasks and processes
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally accredited Statement of Attainment
- Credit towards a full qualification: Certificate III in Meat Processing
- Wild Game Harvester
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with:
- Certificate III in Meat Processing
- Certificate III in Meat Processing (Retail Butchery)
This Statement of Attainment will give you specialist knowledge in wild game harvesting, however you may also pursue an entry-level position in meat, poultry or seafood processing, where jobs involve slaughtering, eviscerating, grading and packaging.
Over 400,000 people work in the wider Australian meat and livestock industry, with 16,800 in meat, poultry and seafood processing. Young people (median age 25-29) make up a large portion of the sector.
Several higher level meat processing qualifications are listed on the NSW Skills list, which identifies skills shortages and high demand.
This course is currently available Online. Enquire now for other locations.