Statement of Attainment in Intro to Working in the Pet Industry
Course Code: SG00007540
The nationally accredited Statement of Attainment in Introduction to Working in the Pet Industry allows you to pursure your passion as you develop essential skills to care for a variety of domestic animals.
This is a fully government subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, you will learn to:
- Identify the nutritional needs of animals, prepare and provide their food
- Record feeding and watering processes
- Clean and store feeding equipment and supplies
- Identify a variety of animals
- Understand industry terminology
- Work safely and effectively in the animal care industry
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal attributes you need to be successful in the animal care industry:
- Passion for animals and their welfare
- Good communication skills
- Calm and empathetic nature
- Collaborative team player
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide:
- A nationally recognised Statement of Attainment
- A strong pathway to further study in Animal Care
- Credit towards a full qualification
GROW YOUR CAREER
Ready to commit to a full qualification in this field?
- Build a strong foundation with a Certificate II in Animal Studies
- Pursue your passion with a Certificate III in Animal Studies or Captive Animals
- Master your studies with a Certificate IV in Captive Animals or Veterinary Nursing
- Animal attendant
- Pet groomer
- Pet shop assistant
Demand for qualified animal care workers is booming as the animal care industry struggles to keep up with pet owner expectations. This Statement of Attainment equips you with essential skills and offers a competitive edge, whether you aim to work in a grooming salon, pet shop or veterinary clinic.
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
This course is currently available Online. Enquire now for other locations.