Certificate III in Beauty Services
National Course Code: SHB30115
The nationally recognised Certificate III in Beauty Services prepares you for a career as a qualified beautician in a salon environment. Learn a wide range of practical skills and develop your ability to consult with clients both in a TAFE NSW beauty salon and as part of your work experience.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Perform waxing
- Do manicures and pedicures
- Apply lash and brow treatments
- Apply a cosmetic tan
- Apply and create make-up looks
- Provide salon services to clients
- Ensure safe and hygienic health and work practices
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes that help you get ahead:
- Communication skills to connect with clients
- Customer service, collaboration and consultation skills
- Problem solving strategies to meet client expectations
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised Certificate III qualification
- A strong foundation to kick start your beauty career
GROW YOUR CAREER
Expand your opportunities with these further study options:
- Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy
- Advanced Diploma of Intense Pulsed Light and Laser for Hair Reduction
Or learn a specialty with:
- Certificate III in Nail Technology
- Certificate III in Make-Up
This course is currently available at 29 campus locations across NSW. Enquire now for other locations.
People who are successful in this industry have:
- The ability to collaborate and work as part of a team
- Effective communication skills
- Professional integrity and discretion
Assessments give you the opportunity to demonstrate what you have learned so far and identify what knowledge or skills need further development. In this course, you will undertake:
- Case studies
- Practical skills assessments
- Theory knowledge assessments
The Certificate III in Beauty Services qualification covers the skills and knowledge to work in the beauty industry as a beautician.
The Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy focuses on specialised beauty therapy areas including facials, waxing, massage, and more.
The Diploma in Beauty Therapy focuses on specialised beauty therapy services to work as a beauty therapist.
Depending on your area, there may be opportunities where you meet industry experts and/or attend events.
You will participate in a range of structured workshop activities that allow you to practice your skills before attempting assessments.
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Manicures and pedicures
- Applying make-up
In a simulated or real workplace, you will provide beauty services to real clients and gain the experience needed to work in the beauty industry.
At your TAFE NSW campus, you complete most of your course work in a beauty salon or workshop (simulated working environment) with paying clients.
You will also have access to a computer to complete online components of the course.
This qualification has been designed with industry to complement forecast growth in the personal care industry.
It will prepare you to put your technical skills to work in designing and applying make-up, providing salon services, including nail, waxing, lash and brow, and create looks for photography as well as your interpersonal skills like client consultation, customer service and using discretion and judgment.