Diploma of Beauty Therapy
National Course Code: SHB50115
The nationally accredited Diploma of Beauty Therapy qualifies you to become a professional beauty therapist. Consolidate your knowledge on a range of beauty disciplines and choose an area to specialise. Travel the world with transferrable skills or use your knowledge to launch your own salon.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Recommend treatments and products to address specific concerns
- Provide transformational client experiences
- Provide body treatments and specialised facials
- Provide lash, brow and waxing services
- Design and apply different make-up looks
- Provide manicure and pedicure services
- Work safely within salon policy frameworks and health practices
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- A friendly nature
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to manage time effectively
- High levels of professional integrity
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Diploma level
- A portfolio of work to show potential employers
- A qualification that will help advance your career
- Senior Beauty Therapist
- Beautician (Small Business)
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Diploma of Salon Management
- Advanced Diploma of Intense Pulsed Light and Laser for Hair Reduction
This course is currently available at 22 campus locations across NSW. Enquire now for other locations.
People who are successful in this industry are:
- Friendly with strong interpersonal skills to help clients feel comfortable and at ease
- Strong communicators with time-management skills
- Discrete and holds high levels of professional integrity
Assessments give you the opportunity to demonstrate what you have learned so far and identify what knowledge or skills need further development. In this course you will undertake:
- Case studies
- Portfolio of work that contributes toward assessments
- Practical skills assessments
- Theory knowledge assessments
The Certificate II in Retail Cosmetics is your entry level qualification. This will give you a taste of the beauty industry. This a great pre-apprenticeship course and can be completed as part of a traineeship or as a TVET course. Work in department stores, pharmacies and cosmetic counters as a retail cosmetic consultant.
The Certificate III in Beauty Services, covers the skills and knowledge you need in order to work as a beautician in beauty salon, department store, pharmacy and cosmetic counters. If you are new to the industry (3 months or less) you can undertake this course as part of a traineeship. Once you have successfully completed the Certificate III you will receive credit transfer towards the Diploma of Beauty Therapy which will reduce your study time by half.
The Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy focuses on specialised beauty therapy including facials, waxing, massage, spray tanning and more. Be on trend with the eyelash extension unit, which is available at specific campus locations. At this level you will learn to provide advanced beauty therapy treatments and be expected to work with no supervision. You can undertake the Certificate IV as part of an apprenticeship or as a non-apprenticeship course. Once you have successfully completed the Certificate IV you will receive credit transfer towards the Diploma of Beauty Therapy which will reduce your study time.
The Diploma in Beauty Therapy is the desired level of experience that employers are looking for in beauty therapy job candidates. At diploma level you will focus on specialised beauty therapy services including facials, waxing, massage and more. Please note, the spray tanning unit is not available at the Diploma level.
Depending on your campus location, you may have the opportunity to participate in excursions that take you behind the scenes of the beauty industry.
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- A range of massage techniques including aromatherapy and stone therapy
- Facial techniques including exfoliation, facial massage and other specialised treatments
- Nail treatments including manicure and pedicure
- Skin analysis individualised to the skin type and concerns of your client
- Make-up application
Our Diploma of Beauty Therapy focuses on developing practical skills so you are ready to follow your passion and launch your career as a qualified beauty therapist.
One of the important, real-world projects you will work on is building relationships and your client base. In the beauty business word of mouth and client retention is crucial and bad reviews can be hard to bounce back from.
You will learn how to create rapport and build trust with your clients; from the moment of booking to the experience itself, plus self-care and aftercare solutions and follow-up consultations. Learn to provide a holistic approach to beauty that will have your clients returning to the salon time after time.
TAFE NSW offers you a range of on campus study environments - computer rooms, simulated workplaces, study areas, presentation areas and general student facilities - to enhance your learning and employability.
In the Diploma of Beauty, you will complete most of your course work in the simulated working environment of a TAFE NSW beauty salon.
The number of people working as Beauty Therapists is expected to grow very strongly with around 25,000 job openings over 5 years.
The beauty care industry is one of the fastest growing consumer markets in Australia. Buyer behaviour has dramatically changed with the rise of social media and eCommerce. Online beauty sales have grown by 25% and now account for 11% of Australian beauty sales.
While consumers are tightening their belts, the $6.5 billion beauty market is still booming after 10 years of uninterrupted growth.
Beauty services are leaning more towards holistic experiences, with day spas and retreats increasing in popularity. There is also a growing need for qualified beauty therapists on cruise ships.
This qualification was designed with industry to meet forecast growth in the personal care industry.
This course prepares you for success in putting your technical skills to work like designing and applying make-up, providing salon services, including manicures, pedicures, waxing, lash and brow, and, body massage and facial treatment as well as your interpersonal skills like client consultation, customer service and using discretion and judgment.
Showing 1 to 1 options of 1 for Diploma of Beauty Therapy
- Max. Fee If Eligible For Subsidy: $4,230.00
- Start Date: Enquire Now
Showing 1 to 1 options of 1 for Diploma of Beauty Therapy