Certificate II in Hospitality
National Course Code: SIT20316
The nationally accredited Certificate II in Hospitality is designed for aspiring food and beverage attendants who want to build an exciting career in the growing hospitality industry. This entry level qualification will teach you the essential hands-on skills to deliver great customer service in a variety of hospitality settings such as restaurants and cafes.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theoretical and practical course work, you will learn to:
- Work effectively in a service team
- Interact with a variety of diverse customers
- Identify and create solutions for issues and problems
- Take responsibility for service outcomes
- Provide a great customer experience
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to get ahead in this field:
- Ability to work under pressure
- Effective communication skills
- The ability to collaborate and work in a team
- A positive can-do attitude
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
The Certificate II in Hospitality will equip you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification
- The skills to work in a variety of industry settings such as cafes, restaurants and more
- Strong pathways into future study
Career outcomes and job roles can include:
- Cafe attendant
- Food and beverage attendant
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take you career further with the hospitality study pathway:
- Certificate III in Hospitality
- Certificate IV in Hospitality
- Diploma of Hospitality Management
- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management
The hospitality industry is currently booming. Employment in the hospitality industry is expected to increase significantly in the next five years, with around 91,000 additional jobs. This course prepares you with practical and customer-focused skills to meet evolving industry demands.
This course is currently available at 22 campus locations across NSW and online. Enquire now for other locations.
People who are successful in this course have:
- Teamwork skills
- The ability to multi task
- Good communication
- A willingness to learn
- A positive can do attitude
Assessments give you the opportunity to demonstrate what you have learned and to identify the knowledge or skills that may need further development. In this course you will undertake:
- Written assessments that include short answer questions
- Practical assessments that include demonstrations and some role play scenarios
The Certificate I is an entry level qualification that provides little exposure to simulated or real world experiences. It covers correct work safety, customer service and team work skills and sets you up for success in the Certificate II.
This course, the Certificate II, is where youll gain some underpinning experience in hospitality, regarding basic food and beverage service. It provides real world exposure where youll apply what youre learning in simulated environments. Youll practice your skills at entry level.
The Certificate III course covers equips you with a broad range of underpinning experience to use in a full range of food and beverage service areas. It provides real world exposure where you will practice your new skills.
Depending on your campus location and local partnerships with TAFE NSW, you may have the opportunity to participate in excursions that take you behind the scenes in the hospitality industry.
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Working in a fast paced environment
- Providing customer service to customers
- Practicing safety within a kitchen area
Depending on your electives, you may learn about:
- Making espresso coffee
- Non-alcoholic beverages
TAFE NSW is known for delivering theory in conjunction with practical, hands-on learning. You will work on real world projects, such as:
- Delivering hospitality services in real and simulated work environments
You will have access to industry specific computer rooms, studios, study areas, presentation areas and general student facilities available at most TAFE NSW campuses. Many TAFE NSW campuses feature:
- Purpose built hospitality training restaurants, bars and cafes.
- Mobile training units that are customised for hospitality skill development
The demand for workers who have a strong foundation in work health and safety, collaboration and communication is high in the hospitality industry. The Certificate II in Hospitality provides you with the skills to meet expectations, and gain a basic understanding of serving food and beverages, providing customer service and working in a team environment in cafes, restaurants and hotels.
This course has been designed by the Tourism and Experience Services SkillsPoint. The SkillsPoint is informed of the latest trends in the hospitality sector and works closely with industry to capture and address current and future skills needs.