Certificate III in Hospitality
National Course Code: SIT30616
The nationally accredited Certificate III in Hospitality gives you a solid foundation of operational skills to work in the fast-paced hospitality industry. This course will prepare you for a career as a function host, food and beverage attendant, barista or gaming attendant.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Work effectively with others
- Provide excellent customer service
- Practice serving skills
- Show social and cultural sensitivity
- Participate in safe work practices
- Deliver hospitality services in real and simulated environments
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Teamwork and collaboration skills
- Effective communication
- Commitment to customer service excellence
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate III level
- Responsible Service of Alcohol interim certificate
- Strong pathways to continued studies to enhance your career opportunities
- Food and beverage attendant
- Espresso coffee machine operator
- Function host
- Gaming attendant
- Caf attendant
- Senior bar attendant
- Guest service agent
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Certificate IV in Hospitality
- Diploma of Hospitality Management
- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management
This course is currently available at 31 campus locations across NSW and online. Enquire now for other locations.
People who are successful in this industry have:
- High energy and enjoy working with people
- Effective communication skills
- An enthusiasm for learning new skills
- A commitment to providing high levels of customer service
Assessments give you the opportunity to demonstrate what you have learned and to identify the knowledge or skills that may need further development. In this course you will undertake:
- Written assessments: short answer questions
- Case studies
- Practical assessments: skill demonstrations, role plays
The Certificate II in Hospitality is the entry-level qualification into a booming and exciting industry.
In this course, the Certificate III, you will learn the critical skills you need to work across a variety of roles in the hospitality industry. Plus, you will learn the essentials to providing great customer service.
The Certificate IV level course is designed to prepare hospitality professionals for supervisory roles in restaurants, hotels, motels, coffee shops, pubs and more.
At Diploma level you will further develop your skills and specialised knowledge in the industry. You will also focus on people management and develop skills in leading and managing teams.
The Advanced Diploma strengthens your leadership skills and focuses on strategic management of the business including marketing, finance and asset management. This course prepares you to move into senior management roles.
Depending on your campus location and local partnerships with TAFE NSW, you may have the opportunity to participate in excursions that take you behind the scenes in the hospitality industry.
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Providing table service
- Providing excellent customer service
- Serving plates in a variety of different venues
Depending on your electives, you may learn to:
- Make espresso coffee
- Provide responsible service of alcohol
- Operate a bar
TAFE NSW is known for delivering theory along with practical, hands-on learning.
Depending on the electives you choose you may work on real world projects, such as:
- Delivering hospitality services in real and simulated work environments
- Working effectively in a customer service environment
- Cleaning, tidying and operating bars
You will have access to industry specific computer rooms, study areas, presentation areas and general student facilities available at most TAFE NSW campuses. Many TAFE NSW campuses feature:
- Purpose built hospitality training restaurants, bars and cafes
- Mobile training units that are customised for hospitality skill development
This dynamic industry has a strong demand for people who have an understanding of sustainability, a global perspective of food culture and the ability to work under pressure. You will gain the skills to meet these expectations and gain employment in cafes, restaurants, hotels, and bars.
This course has been designed in collaboration with industry professionals. You will develop your operational knowledge and strengthen your understanding of the industry with in-depth units.