Advanced Diploma of Event Management
National Course Code: SIT60216
The nationally accredited Advanced Diploma of Event Management strengthens your events skills and builds your leadership and strategic capabilities so you can succeed in management roles like conference manager, event director, event producer or venue manager.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, you will learn to:
- Research event trends and determine event feasibility
- Develop and implement event management plans and marketing strategies
- Prepare and monitor budgets
- Lead and manage people
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal attributes that will help you get ahead:
- Advanced ability to multi-task and solve problems
- Nurture business relationships and partnerships
- Ability to act decisively on good instincts
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Advanced Diploma level
- Strong study pathways to continue your training and enhance your career opportunities
- Conference manager
- Event director
- Event producer
- Event or exhibition manager
- Functions manager
- Project manager
- Venue manager
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your events management expertise to the next level with:
- Bachelor of Business with TAFE NSW Degrees
- Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Commerce
The events, tourism and hospitality industry is currently experiencing a number of recruitment issues including skills shortages, and low attraction and retention rates among suitably skilled staff. Training like this is an important way to address current skills issues experienced by event sub-sectors. It helps address skills shortages in the industry, and prepares you for when the industry recovers.
This course is currently available at 3 campus locations across NSW and online. Enquire now for other locations.
People who are successful in this industry have:
- Good organisational skills
- A love of project management
- Great negotiation skills
- A high level of integrity
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- A focus on building business relationships and networks
- An aptitude for problem solving, interpreting and analysing information
- The ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- The ability to identify risks and plan contingencies
Assessments give you the opportunity to demonstrate what you have learned and to identify the knowledge or skills that may need further development. In this course you will undertake:
- Written assessments: quizzes, short answer questions, assignments and case studies
- Practical assessments: working on real events
- A portfolio of work that will contribute toward your assessments
The Certificate III in Events develops your events administration and operational skills. At this level, you work with some independence under the guidance of more senior event personnel, using plans, policies and procedures to guide work activities.
The Diploma of Event Management requires you to have some experience working in events. You will develop your skills to manage events processes from conception to delivery. You operate independently and make operational event management decisions.
This course, the Advanced Diploma of Event Management, requires you to have significant event management experience. You will strengthen your existing skills and develop specialised managerial and strategic skills to conceive, plan and stage events. At this level, you operate with significant autonomy and are responsible for making strategic business and event management decisions.
Depending on your campus location and local partnerships with TAFE NSW, you may have the opportunity to participate in excursions that take you behind the scenes in the events industry. This may include volunteer work at local events.
You will participate in real events as well as a range of structured activities that allow you to practice your skills, including:
- Developing an environment where continuous improvement, innovation and learning are promoted and rewarded
- Analysing and managing risks
- Preparing and managing budgets
- Managing event staging components
- Developing and implementing management plans
- Leading and managing people
TAFE NSW is known for delivering up-to-date theory along with practical, hands-on learning to ensure you are job ready. In this course, you will collaborate on real local events and contribute to a real world project.
You will have access to industry specific computer rooms, studios, study and presentation areas, as well as the general student facilities available at most TAFE NSW campuses.
Student facilities, amenities and support services include:
- TAFE NSW Disability Support Service
- TAFE NSW Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) support
- TAFE NSW Aboriginal Support; Learner support (ABE)
- TAFE NSW Careers, Counselling and Pathways Service
- Smarthinking - online access to a tutor
In recognition of the value events bring to brand and revenue, businesses are expanding their events teams to include more event promotions, marketing and communication, customer service and sponsorship sales roles.
In the last few years, Australia has been experiencing significant growth in the events sector, with events and exhibitions planned across the country. These events represent extremely varied gatherings, targeting both business and leisure-purpose international and domestic visitors.
This course strengthens your events management skills and builds your strategic capabilities to adapt in a growing and changing sector.