Statement of Attainment in Food Handling
National Course Code: SITSS00050
The nationally recognised Statement of Attainment in Food Handling will equip you with the fundamental food hygiene practices crucial to any commercial kitchen environment. Use your skills as a kitchen hand in a caf or embark on a study pathway to build your expertise in the hospitality industry.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Follow and practise correct hygiene procedures
- Identify hazards that may jeopardise the safety of yourself and others
- Understand responsible personal health and hygiene protocol and report any health concerns
- Prevent food contamination by safely using and cleaning equipment
- Maintain the quality of perishable items
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal attributes to help you get ahead:
- A collaborative nature and enjoy teamwork
- Effective communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- The ability to work in a high pressure environment
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally accredited Statement of Attainment
- A strong pathway to continue your studies
- Specialist skills that will enhance your career opportunities
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with a TAFE NSW hospitality pathway:
- Certificate I in Hospitality
- Certificate II in Kitchen Operations
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
Considering another study pathway? Discover the full range of TAFE NSW courses on offer.
- Entry level cafe hand
- Kitchen hand
- School canteen volunteer
- Sports canteen/barbeque volunteer
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
We could not find any courses for the filters you have applied, please , or click here and our friendly team will let you know about other options.