How to enrol
Steps to enrol including applying for your Unique Student Identifier (USI).
Choose your course
- Read the Course Information carefully
- Find a campus
- Talk to a teacher, course information officer or a careers counsellor at your campus
Assess your eligibility
- Are there entry requirements?
- Do you need prior experience or study?
Register, Apply or Enrol
Your next step may vary, depending on your course and enrolment location. The Course Information for your course will clearly outline how to proceed with your enrolment.
You may be invited to:
- Register your interest first and then attend an information/pre-enrolment session
- Complete an application or selection process, which could include submission of a portfolio or an audition
- Enrol online. Course offering information for the campus you are interested in is on this website or the Institute website where you wish to study
What is a Unique Student Identifier?
A Unique Student Identifier or USI
- Is made up of 10 numbers and letters
- Gives you access to an account that contains your completed training records and results from 1 January 2015 onwards
- Will help you provide evidence of your studies when you apply for a job or undertake further study.
If you are a student studying nationally-recognised training at a registered training organisation like TAFE NSW, you will need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) from 1 January 2015. The USI will give you ongoing access to your records and results, so they are always available if you choose to enrol in further training or need to show a future employer.
When you register for the USI, you also need to give permission for your TAFE NSW Institute to view your USI and access your records. Results from 2015 will be available in your USI account in 2016.