Sales and Retail courses offer students a chance to expand on their sales skills and implement their knowledge in a business setting. Courses in this sector are formulated to equip you with the practical skills and background knowledge you need to accomplish communicative merchandising tasks within any organisation.
A sales and retail course can lead to a number of job opportunities, from selling products as a sales assistant to selling business to business in an office environment. Qualifications in retail and sales can lead to a job as a sales representative, team leader, customer service assistant or a visual merchandise manager. The average weekly salary for a sales representative is $1,264.
Whether you’re just starting out in your sales and retail career, want to gain more qualifications, add to your previous experience, or simply broaden your horizons, TAFE NSW offers a wide variety of courses at a number of levels to suit you. TAFE courses in the area include Retail, Retail Management, Small Business Management, Signage, Visual Merchandising, Travel and Tourism Management and Automotive Sales.
Popular Sales and Retail Courses at TAFE NSW
- Statement of Attainment in Auctioneering (357-R7101)
- Statement of Attainment in Customer Service and Sales in Retail (357-R7100)
- Statement of Attainment in Introduction to Retail (357-R7099)
- Statement of Attainment in Introduction to Retail Industry (162-R7054)
- Statement of Attainment in Property Services (Business salesperson) (162-R7086)
- Statement of Attainment in Property Services (Buyer's Agent licence) (162-R7089)
- Statement of Attainment in Property Services (Real Estate Salesperson) (162-R7041)
- Statement of Attainment in Property Services (Stock and station salesperson) (162-R7087)
- Statement of Attainment in Property Services (Strata or Community Manager) (162-R7088)
- Statement of Attainment in Retail Team Leader (165-102196)
- Statement of Attainment in Stock and Station Salesperson (357-R7088)