Building on the success of the 2015 TAFE NSW Higher Education seminar, we will be hosting our second seminar titled 'From Practice to Theory: Higher Education in TAFE' on Friday 2 December 2016. This seminar is open to anyone whose work takes them into the higher education sector, be it as an academic manager, researcher, teacher or tutor.
The seminar will be held at Ultimo TAFE on the southern edge of Sydney's CBD and right in the middle of a vibrant education and creative precinct. The 2016 seminar has again been designed to meet the specific needs of the mixed sector and identified areas of uniqueness within the delivery of higher education in TAFE.
The program of speakers for the 2016 TAFE NSW Higher Education Seminar include:
- Dr John Lea from the UK. Dr Lea will be the keynote speaker talking about higher education in a further education environment. He will also run a work shop in the afternoon for all attending.
- Professor Leo Goedegebuure, Director of LHMartin Institute who will highlight European models of higher technical education.
- Dr Anna Daniel, RedSpace Researcher of the TAFE QLD Applied Research facility 'Redspace'.
- Dr Kym Turnbull, Head of Department at Canberra Institute of Technology, who will explain the processes behind the applied research that occurs within their Bachelor of Forensic Science.
- A group of TAFE NSW teaching staff who will give a window into applied teaching currently occurring within our higher education classes.
Download the program.
Registrations are open until COB Friday 25 November 2016.
For further information, email Ili Pelletier, Director TAFE NSW Higher Education