Degrees Top - Applied Engineering
Degrees Middle - Applied Engineering
More about this degree
Course code: HE20502
Locations: Ultimo and Newcastle
Note that the course will only run at locations where minimum enrolment numbers are met.
Duration: 2 years full-time or part time equivalent
Course load: You must complete 16 subjects and achieve 160 credit points to complete this course. Each subject is worth 10 credit points.
Next intake: July 2019
At a glance:
- The Associate Degree of Applied Engineering (Renewable Energy Technologies) is an undergraduate qualification taught in English.
- The course is located at Level 6 on the Australian Qualifications Framework.
- The course covers the full range of technologies across the renewable energy spectrum, and includes electives in electrical and mechanical/civil engineering. You'll spend six weeks on a placement in a professional engineering workplace where you can put your new skills to the test and get some valuable practical industry experience.
To be eligible for admission into the Associate Degree of Applied Engineering (Renewable Energy Technologies) you must have at least ONE of the following entry requirements:
- NSW HSC (Higher School Certificate) or equivalent with HSC level Maths with a Band 5 result
- Recognised Tertiary Preparation Certificate
- Certificate IV level or higher vocational qualification
- Completion of at least one year full-time study or equivalent in a degree course at a higher education institution
If you do not have the required level of HSC Maths you can still apply for entry into the course but you may be required to complete a Maths Preparation course at your own expense prior to commencement.
- You do NOT require an ATAR for entry into this course
- If you do not meet any of the four minimum entry requirements, you may be able to apply for entry under special admissions provisions including mature age or disadvantage
For full details of application requirements visit the Applying and fees page.
In 2019 domestic students will pay a tuition fee of $1,640 per subject (a total of $26,240 for the full associate degree*). This course attracts FEE-HELP, so eligible students can study now and pay later.
Tuition fees for international students can be found on the TAFE NSW International website.
*Note that tuition fees are reviewed annually and are subject to change. Check current fee information in the Fee Schedule on the Fees and Payments page.
There may be additional costs to purchase resources required for individual subjects. The course coordinator can advise you of any additional course fees.
Be recognised for your knowledge and experience with Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). If you’ve completed studies in a related field, or had extensive and relevant industry experience, you may be eligible for exemption from similar subjects in the Associate Degree of Applied Engineering (Renewable Energy Technologies).
Applications for RPL must be made to your Course Coordinator and must include supporting documentation. You are required to attend class until you are advised that your RPL request has been granted.
Full-time students enrol in four subjects per semester, with face to face classes totalling approximately 16 hours per week. You are expected to undertake an equivalent amount of private study to maximise success in the course.
A range of assessment methods are used across subjects in this course to allow students to demonstrate both practical skills and theoretical knowledge. Most subjects require the completion of 3 to 4 assessment tasks. Assessment types include, but are not limited to portfolios, reports, quizzes and tests, practical projects, presentations and examinations.
You can view the course structure and an overview of study requirements for each subject by downloading the Course Information Brochure
This course is available for enrolment by international students, subject to meeting course entry requirements and satisfying student visa conditions. For more information including tuition fees go to the TAFE NSW International website.
While every effort has been made to ensure the above information is accurate and up to date, you are advised to contact the course coordinator for specific and up to date information about tuition fees and academic requirements of the course.