Degrees Top - 3D Art and Animation
Degrees Middle - 3D Art
More about this Degree
Course code: HE20520
Locations: Design Centre, Enmore
Duration: 3 years full-time or part-time equivalent
Course load: You are required to complete 240 credit points (CP). Most subjects are worth 10CP, but there are some 5CP and 20CP subjects.
- Begins: February 2021.
- Applications close: 27 November 2020.
At a glance:
- The Bachelor of 3D Art and Animation is an undergraduate qualification taught in English.
- The course is located at Level 7 on the Australian Qualifications Framework.
- The course is designed to prepare students for 3D art and animation production environments and international standards that operate in the creation of entertainment products and communications media. Students will learn the skills needed to work across the production pipeline and will develop an understanding of how to use visual communication to best serve the needs of diverse and changing industries.
- A one year Diploma and two year Associate Degree are also available for enrolment (minimum enrolment numbers needed)
To be eligible for admission into the Bachelor of 3D Art and Animation you must have at least ONE of the following entry requirements:
- NSW HSC (Higher School Certificate) or equivalent
- Recognised Tertiary Preparation Certificate
- Certificate IV level or higher vocational qualification
- Completion of at least one year full-time study or equivalent in a degree course at a higher education institution
You must also:
- Submit additional information with your application, including a portfolio of art work to demonstrate your creative talent. This additional information will be assessed to determine your suitability for entry into this course, and where there are more applicants than study places available, will be used to rank your application.
- You may have to attend an interview as part of the application process and/or submit a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate the likelihood of your successful completion
- You do NOT require an ATAR for entry into this course
- If you do not meet any of the four minimum entry requirements, you may be able to apply for entry under special admissions provisions including mature age or disadvantage
In 2020 domestic students will pay a tuition fee of $2,100 per 10 credit point subject, $1,050 per 5 credit point subject and $4,200 per 20 credit point subject (a total of $50,400 for the full bachelor degree*). This course attracts FEE-HELP, so eligible students can study now and pay later.
Tuition fees for international students can be found on the TAFE NSW International website.
*Note that tuition fees are reviewed annually and are subject to change. Check current fee information in the Fee Schedule on the Fees and Payments page.
There may be additional costs to purchase resources required for individual subjects. The course coordinator can advise you of any additional course fees.
Be recognised for your knowledge and experience with Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). If you’ve completed studies in a related field, or had extensive and relevant industry experience, you may be eligible for exemption from similar subjects in the Bachelor of 3D Art and Animation.
Applications for RPL must be made to your Course Coordinator and must include supporting documentation. You are required to attend class until you are advised that your RPL request has been granted.
Full-time students enrol in subjects totalling 40 credit points per semester, with face to face classes totalling approximately 16 hours per week. Students are expected to undertake an equivalent amount of private study to maximise success in the course.
A range of assessment methods are used across subjects in this course to allow students to demonstrate both practical skills and theoretical knowledge. Most subjects require the completion of 3 to 4 assessment tasks. Assessment types include, but are not limited to practical projects, process diaries, online discussion posts, essays, reports, presentations and examinations.
You can view the course structure and an overview of study requirements for each subject by downloading the Course Information Brochure.
This course is available for enrolment by international students, subject to meeting course entry requirements and satisfying student visa conditions. For more information including tuition fees go to the TAFE NSW International website.
While every effort has been made to ensure the above information is accurate and up to date, you are advised to contact the course coordinator for specific and up to date information about tuition fees and academic requirements of the course.
This is a Design Institute of Australia (DIA) Recognised course which means you can be assured it meets industry standards. Students and graduates are automatically eligible to be DIA members.