Bachelor of Information Technology (Data Infrastructure Engineering) - TAFE NSW
Degrees Top - Information Technology - Data Infrastructure
Degrees Middle - IT - Data Infrastructure
More about this degree
Course code: HE20525
Duration: 3 years full-time or part time equivalent
Course load: You must complete 24 subjects and achieve 240 credit points in this course. Each subject is worth 10 credit points.
Next intake: July 2019
At a glance:
- The Bachelor of Information Technology (Data Infrastructure Engineering) is an undergraduate qualification taught in English.
- It is located at Level 7 of the Australian Qualifications Framework.
- The degree enables students to learn using a practical hands-on approach and to develop skills such as communication, problem solving and critical thinking, resulting in well-trained, analytical IT specialists. Presentations and case studies by leading professional experts allow students to develop tools and techniques for managing big data and other IT challenges facing the business world today.
- The Bachelor of Information Technology (Data Infrastructure Engineering) prepares students to sit for recognised industry certifications (such as Cisco CCNA and CCNP).
- A one year Diploma is also available for enrolment (minimum enrolment numbers needed).
To be eligible for admission into the Bachelor of Information Technology (Data Infrastructure Engineering) you must have at least ONE of the following entry requirements:
- NSW HSC (Higher School Certificate) or equivalent
- Recognised Tertiary Preparation Certificate
- Certificate IV level or higher vocational qualification
- Completion of at least one year full-time study or equivalent in a degree course at a higher education institution
- You do NOT require an ATAR for entry into this course
- If you do not meet any of the four minimum entry requirements, you may be able to apply for entry under special admissions provisions including mature age or disadvantage
For full details of application requirements, visit the Applying and fees page.
In 2019 domestic students will pay a tuition fee of $1,250 per subject (a total of $30,000 for the full bachelor degree*). This course attracts FEE-HELP, so eligible students can study now and pay later.
Tuition fees for international students can be found on the TAFE NSW International website.
* Note that tuition fees are reviewed annually and are subject to change. Check current fee information in the Fee Schedule on the Fees and Payments page.
There may be additional costs to purchase resources required for individual subjects. The course coordinator can advise you of any additional course costs.
Be recognised for your knowledge and experience with Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). If you’ve completed studies in a related field, or had extensive and relevant industry experience, you may be eligible for exemption from similar subjects in the the Bachelor of Information Technology (Data Infrastructure Engineering).
Applications for RPL must be made to your Course Coordinator and must include supporting documentation. You are required to attend class until you are advised that your RPL request has been granted.
Full-time students enrol in four subjects per semester, with face to face classes totalling approximately 16 hours per week. Students are expected to undertake an equivalent amount of private study to maximise success in the course.
A range of assessment methods are used across subjects in these courses to allow students to demonstrate both practical skills and theoretical knowledge. Most subjects require the completion of 3 to 4 assessment tasks. Assessment types include, but are not limited to quizzes , practical exercises, case studies, journals, group activities and examinations
You can view the course structure and an overview of study requirements for each subject in the Bachelor of IT (Data Infrastructure Engineering) by downloading the Course Information Brochure.
This course is available for enrolment by international students, subject to meeting course entry requirements and satisfying student visa conditions. For more information including tuition fees go to the TAFE NSW International website.
While every effort has been made to ensure the above information is accurate and up to date, you are advised to contact the course coordinator for specific and up to date information about tuition fees and academic requirements of the course.