Diploma of Adult Education - TAFE NSW
Degrees Top - Adult Education
Degrees Middle - Adult Education
More about this Diploma
Course code: HE20508
Locations: This course is fully online and includes a practical work placement component.
Duration: 1 year full-time or part time equivalent
Course load: You must complete 8 subjects and achieve 80 credit points to complete this course. Each subject is worth 10 credit points.
Applications close: 29 November 2019
Next intake: February 2020
At a glance:
- The Diploma of Adult Education is an undergraduate qualification taught in English.
- The course is located at Level 5 on the Australian Qualifications Framework.
- This course qualifies graduates as trainers and assessors in vocational education and training settings in accordance with ASQA requirements.
To be eligible for admission into the Diploma of Adult Education you must have at least ONE of the following entry requirements:
- NSW HSC (Higher School Certificate) or equivalent
- Recognised Tertiary Preparation Certificate
- Certificate IV level or higher vocational qualification
- Completion of at least one year full-time study or equivalent in a degree course at a higher education institution
- This course requires you to have a vocational background or vocational qualification in the area you intend to teach in after graduating from the course.
- You may be invited to attend an interview as part of the application process.
- You do NOT require an ATAR for entry into this course
- If you do not meet any of the four minimum entry requirements, you may be able to apply for entry under special admissions provisions including mature age or disadvantage
In 2019 domestic students will pay a tuition fee of $1,120 per subject (a total of $8,960 for the full Diploma). This course attracts FEE-HELP, so eligible students can study now and pay later.
There may be additional costs to purchase resources required for individual subjects. The course coordinator can advise you of any additional course fees.
* Note that tuition fees are reviewed annually and are subject to change. Check current fee information in the Fee Schedule on the Fees and Payments page.
Be recognised for your knowledge and experience with Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). If you’ve completed studies in a related field, or had extensive and relevant industry experience, you may be eligible for exemption from similar subjects in the Diploma of Adult Education.
Applications for RPL must be made to your Course Coordinator and must include supporting documentation. You are required to attend class until you are advised that your RPL request has been granted.
Full-time students enrol in four subjects per semester, with subject content delivered online. This course also includes a practical work placement component.
As well as engaging with online learning content, students are expected to undertake additional private study to maximise success in the course. Students will be required to have internet access and a computer capable of connecting with TAFE online systems.
A range of assessment methods are used across subjects in this course with most subjects requiring the completion of 3 to 4 assessment tasks. Assessment types include, but are not limited to case studies, essays, reports, work based projects, online presentations and tests.
You can view the course structure and an overview of study requirements for each subject by downloading the Course Information Brochure
As a fully online course, this course is not available for enrolment by international students studying on a student visa.
While every effort has been made to ensure the above information is accurate and up to date, you are advised to contact the course coordinator for specific and up to date information about tuition fees and academic requirements of the course.