It’s a digitally connected World and we give you the opportunity to develop your digital skills and knowledge, free-of-charge in our Digital Capability course.
This course is self-paced, self-directed and offers specific tutorials where it sees skills gaps. It’s a great way to develop general digital skills that are relevant to most jobs. It will also help you get up-to-speed on TAFE NSW digital systems such as student portals, library catalogues and learning supports, as well as the enhanced learning systems in TAFE Digital, such as virtual reality, augmented reality and simulations, which you’ll probably experience if you’re learning online.
- digital basics
- connecting physical devices
- web browsers
- safety and recovery
TAFE Digital delivers this free course online.
You’ll use a Digital Capability tool which:
- contains all learning content, so no additional learning materials or charges needed
- covers skills in standalone topics
- includes diagnostic activities and tutorials to support a skills gap, or for revision purposes
- uses interactive screens with no videos or lectures
- allows your learning to be self-paced and self-directed. You can choose to complete just one topic or a cluster of topics at a time.
The course doesn’t assume any prior knowledge or skills, so your study time will vary depending on the skill level you already have. There is no set enrolment period.
If you have minimal prior knowledge and skills, the course delivers 35 skills each taking approximately five minutes. That’s about three hours in total. But remember: you don’t have to complete the course in a single sitting and can choose one topic or a cluster of topics at a time. You’re in charge!
To do this course, you’ll need access to:
- a PC
- the Internet
- Windows 10
- Internet Explorer 11
- applications available on TAFE NSW computers and accessible via the Software Centre
There’s no assessment requirement. You’ll receive feedback from the course tool as you direct yourself through the learning process.
This course is not Nationally Recognised Training