Environmental sustainability - landing
At TAFE NSW, we recognise our responsibility to operate in an environmentally sustainable way. We also recognise the need to provide a quality environment in which to work and study.
As the largest provider of vocational education and training in NSW we have a unique opportunity to contribute to a more sustainable future for the people of NSW.
TAFE NSW is committed to building a culture of environmental responsibility by:
- setting and achieving ambitious environmental performance improvement targets, as well as monitoring and reporting internally and to the community on our efforts;
- embedding sustainable practices into all teaching and work procedures;
- actively engaging with staff, students, suppliers, industry partners and the community around sharing and realising our commitment to sustainability;
- minimising our environmental footprint through sustainable management of resources;
- preventing pollution and minimising waste;
- introducing more sustainable procurement approaches;
- ensuring new facilities and changes to existing ones include sustainability as a core consideration in their design;
- continually improving and learning from our efforts in working towards environmental sustainability;
- ensuring our activities comply with all relevant environmental laws and policies; and
- modelling best practice in environmental management and green skills training as an exemplary corporate citizen.